[rt-users] international charset /language selection

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Jul 10 04:33:39 EDT 2003

On Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2003, at 8:17 Uhr, Stefan Armbruster wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when using RT 3.0.3 with a english-style browser, everything looks
> fine.
> If I use a german style browser, the "umlauts" are not displayed
> correctly. This is not browser specific, IE 6 and konqueror have that
> problem.

Did You by chance edit the de.po file? You can break it if the umlauts
are not utf8 encoded by saving it with a wrong locale set.

It works here without problems. You can also try to set the character
encoding the browser uses from whatever is now to ISO-Latin1. This
works with IE6/Win, Camino, Firebird/Mac, Safari, IE5.2/Mac over here
without problems.

Regards,
     Harald