[rt-users] Re: Queue versus ticket watching?

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Thu Jul 10 07:00:16 EDT 2003

Andreas Wahlfeldt wrote:
> > > I have a naive question: are the watchers for a queue automatically
> > > applied to tickets within that queue?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> you're sure about this?

Yes. A Ticket watcher receives the same notification that a Queue
watcher of the same type does.

> watchers are only notified if there is a proper scrip-action (e.g. on create
> notify watchers with template xy) defined to spit mails at them.

That's correct. Nobody is ever notified of anything unless a scrip
is configured to do so.[0] If you have a scrip to notify AdminCCs
(for example), it will notify the Ticket AdminCCs and the Queue
AdminCCs. If you have no such scrip, no AdminCCs will be notified.

> just adding anybody as a watcher to a queue will NOT do the trick.

That all depends on what trick you're trying to do, surely...

[0] Well, except for errors, that is. :-)