[rt-users] newbie: mailgate and EX_TEMPFAIL

admin admin2 at enabled.com
Thu Jul 10 13:37:16 EDT 2003

OS: FreeBSD 4.8
RT: 3.0.3 install
perl 5.8
apache 1.3.27

okay I am trying to figure this out here.  since mailgate is rejecting email
at the moment.

--- snip ---

shell# echo "Testing" | /usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --debug --queue general
--action correspond --url http://blah.blah.com/
Connecting to http://blah.blah.com//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at
/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 404, <> chunk 1.
An Error Occurred
=================

301 Moved Permanently
This is /usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate exiting because of an undefined server
error at /usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 446, <> chunk 1.

--- snip ----

this is a previous suggestion from the archives.  I dont really know how to do
this recommendation but feel it applies to me.  can somebody tell me how to do
this?

--- snip ---

What is needed is to have whatever http auth system you use pass through
requests for the NoAuth path the mailgate client calls. Just tell apache not
to require auth for that path.

--- snip ---