[rt-users] Redhat RPMs?

Sean Perry sean.perry at intransa.com
Fri Jul 11 13:46:48 EDT 2003

 > I feel your pain.  I did this once before (then lost the HD on that
 > server) so did it again for RT2.  We want to go to RT3 and be able to
 > recover if the hardware should go south again.  In fact we're going to
 > have a standby waiting so there is _very_ minimal down time.

yeah, I have NO ability to recreate this server currently.  That is my
next priority once it is in full use.  Since we have zero hardware I
will have to experiment on a test machine and come up with a rapid
deployment scheme.  Your work would go a long way to helping me there.
My cpan -> rpm experience is non-existant.

>>b) I needed Active Directory support and I wanted apache2 so I went with
>>the absolute latest versions of apache and mod_perl.  Everything seems
>>kosher but it took some doing.
>

> Mod_perl2 is working?  Jesse and Robert mentioned at OSCON that some
> people have had luck with Apache2 and mod_perl2 while others haven't.

I have a server up and running with apache 2.0.46 (.47 came out the day
I got my setup working) and mod_perl2 0.99.09.  Most of my problem was
learning the compile process not actual apache/mod_perl issues.

The one big snag was a change in globals handling, which was referenced
here earlier this week.  You need the following in webmux.

require Apache::RequestUtil;
no warnings 'redefine';
my $sub = *Apache::request{CODE};
*Apache::request = sub {
     my $r;
     eval { $r = $sub->('Apache'); };
     # warn $@ if $@;
     return $r;
};

right after the BEGIN {} block.  I am sure this will go away with the
next mod_perl release.

Admittedly, users are not pounding me yet, so maybe there are stability
problems I haven't run into.  This is the first RT setup here so we are
still testing things.

Users authenticate off of our Active Directory system beautifully with
the mod_ldap and mod_auth_ldap config.