[rt-users] General question - new to RT

Julie Kmetzo julie at e-businesscoach.com
Fri Jul 18 18:26:07 EDT 2003

I'm currently evaluating RT for use as a support tool for my
organization.  I'm coming up with difficulties setting up User Rights
within the interface- it doesn't seem to be working as I had thought.  I
believe this may be because I'm making an assumption about RT that may not
be true: can we work within RT and have our customers simply view the
queues within which they are a group with limited rights to see the status
of their tickets, or is it more of an interface for our employees, with our
customers only receiving email notifications about the status of their
tickets?  If I try to create a user who would be a customer, no matter what
rights are assigned to them, they can view limited details about
Configuration that I wouldn't want them to view.  Is there any help you
could offer me?

Thank you for your help.

Julie Kmetzo
E-business Coach, Inc.
Use the Internet to grow your business(TM)