[rt-users] General question - new to RT

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Mon Jul 21 02:29:02 EDT 2003

On Samstag, 19. Juli 2003, at 0:26 Uhr, Julie Kmetzo wrote:

> I'm currently evaluating RT for use as a support tool for my
> organization.  I'm coming up with difficulties setting up User Rights
> within the interface- it doesn't seem to be working as I had thought.
> I believe this may be because I'm making an assumption about RT that
> may not be true: can we work within RT and have our customers simply
> view the queues within which they are a group with limited rights to
> see the status of their tickets, or is it more of an interface for our
> employees, with our customers only receiving email notifications about
> the status of their tickets?

Basically, there are two views on RT's Web UI: The 'normal' UI, which
You see if You log in as a privileged user, and the 'Self Service' one,
which only shows You a limited amount of information. Just try to open
'http://to.Your.rt-instance/SelfService/ to see what unprivileged users
will get to see.

Regards,
     Harald