[rt-users] browser issues / login

Hodge, Jeff F (ECIII) Jeff.Hodge at yuma.army.mil
Mon Jul 28 10:30:35 EDT 2003

I'm running RT on linux/mysql4.12/apc1.3/mas1.22/rt3.04  - it was a standard
install, no changes have been made.

>Does this happen on several machines, or just one? If so, did you do a
>custom or otherwise non-standard installation of IE?

For any user on win2k/xp using IE to access RT the RT_sid does not get set
in the cookie and will thus kick user out of the RT app on successent
screens.  This happens on many machines so its not one particular IE
install, and I have adjust caching to refresh everytime.

This must be happening to other IE users since its the standard RT install.
This only happens on IE, not other browsers.

>Why not just tell your users to use some other browser?
This isn't an option, its internal and everybody uses IE; I would think most
people would use IE since they have a large marketshare -unfortunate as it
is.

>Besides, I've seen a number of IE installations break down in really
>strange ways, such as displaying all links 1cm above the place they're
>supposed to be (which turned out to be missing *write* permissions on a
>DLL), so this doesn't really surprise me... though it's interesting.

Being that this is a client using a browser this shouldn't be an
issue....unless I'm overlooking something.....the page is refreshing on each
request and it accepts cookies, beyond that there isn't much else to set
with the browser.