[rt-users] Mandatory custom field on ticket creation

Matt Simonsen matt_lists at careercast.com
Mon Jul 28 14:02:16 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 10:30, Sean Perry wrote:
> Matt Simonsen wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to make choosing a custom field value mandatory for
> > ticket creation?
> >

> what about email submissions?  how do you plan on adding the custom
> field from them?

Good point. Tickets are created from a form in most queues - I guess it
would have to be a mandatory value only for certain queues.

I will answer your question with another question.

Do any of you have a script which will parse an email and add a custom
field value to a ticket based on a keyword? Like if the incoming email
has MyCustomField=xyz, the RT custom field MyCustomField will have value
xyz when the ticket is created.

Matt