[rt-users] Mailgate attachement truncate

Gary Richardson gary.richardson at marketingtips.com
Thu Jul 31 13:49:06 EDT 2003

Hey Guys,

I'm running RT 3.0.3 on a RH8.0 box. When messages go in via mailgate, they
are truncated at 3.5k every time. This includes the regular message and any
other attachements.

If I attache a larger file via the web interface all goes well.

Based on a previous post about this problem, I have in my RT_SiteConfig.pm:

And in my my.cnf (on the server machine):

Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 10000000);
Set($TruncateLongAttachments , undef);
Set($DropLongAttachments , undef);

[mysqld]
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=16M

RT is spread out between a web server running the application, a database
server running the database and and qmail mail server with mailgate. These
are all redhat 8.0 boxes.

Thanks.