[rt-users] rt-mailgate

Cassily, Ryan rcassily at DENOVIS.COM
Tue Jun 3 09:51:44 EDT 2003

I added the hostname of the machine to the local-host-names file.  It looks like sendmail is now trying to deliver the mail to rt but the service is unavailable.  I have attached part of the log.  The first part is the successful ticket created and emailed out from the web interface, the next is the failure when sending an email from the exchange server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael van Elst [mailto:mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 6:32 PM
To: Cassily, Ryan
Subject: Re: [rt-users] rt-mailgate

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003, Cassily, Ryan wrote:

> Jun  2 17:13:50 rttracker sendmail[803]: h52LDnQS000801: to=<monitor at rttracker.denovis.com>, delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer
> =relay, pri=30537, relay=exchsrvr-1.denovis.com [172.16.5.112], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent ( <B5A4987C50B02D4B8DB479C5796346243ECC11 at exchs
> rvr-1.ehealthdirect.com> Queued mail for delivery)

This says that the mail was forwarded to exchsrvr-1.denovis.com, which
seems to be a mail hub (MS exchange ?).

I guess that you want the mail to be delivered locally. You need to
configure sendmail to accept and deliver mails to rttracker.denovis.com.
This is normally done by adding a line with this hostname to the
sendmail.cw file.

> Is there a way to test rt-mailgate to see if it is working properly?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Just pipe a mail in standard (RFC2822) format to rt-mailgate. I.e.

cat my-mail | rt-mailgate --action correspond --queue xyz --url http://localhost/

Greetings,
--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
  :WWMWMw=--.          "W='  cable & wireless
   9WWMm==-.
    "-Wmw-"  CABLE & WIRELESS