[rt-users] scrip to email on new ticket

Josh Levine josh-rt at levindustries.com
Tue Jun 3 14:29:51 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to set up RT to send an email to a specified user (or email
address or group) every time a new ticket is created.

So far, I've created a new scrip with condition "On Create," and action
"User Defined," but I'm having some problems trying to figure out what to
put in the custom action boxes.

Based on reading old posts and the code, I've been trying different
variations of the following:

---
Custom action preparation code:
return(1);
---
Custom action cleanup code:
my $self=shift;
push(@{$self->{'To'}}, "jlevine\@barenecessities.com");
return(1);
---

but no email is being generated, and no error messages are showing up in
the log files.

Any ideas on where to go from here?  Perhaps a good reference or example?

Thanks in advance for any and all help,
Josh Levine