[rt-users] Problem with WebExternalAuth

ParimalaRamdas at oaktech.com ParimalaRamdas at oaktech.com
Wed Jun 4 13:54:21 EDT 2003

I went through apache.org/docs where I found an FAQ
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#remote-user-var in which Using
User Authentication talks about basic or digest. and 1 more link
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/733/fid/56 gives info
of how remote user name can be retrieved. I used this in
share/html/Elements/Header but it prints nothing. I'm confused. Why is it
not getting the name? how do i edit httpd.conf to utlize the REMOTE_USER.

I also tried PassEnv REMOTE_USER just before the foll lines in httpd.conf.
The name is still not displayed.
                                                                 Alias /rt
 /location/where/rt/is/installed/share/html
 PerlRequire  /location/where/rt/is/installed/bin/webmux.pl
                                                                 <Location
/rt>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
 </Location>

I am missing something else, isn't it. I feel so dumb right now as I'm
unable to figure out the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Parimala.