[rt-users] Problem with WebExternal Auth

seph seph at directionless.org
Tue Jun 3 23:04:13 EDT 2003

>  I'm new to RT and am experiencing a problem. I have WebExternal Auth set
> to 1 and have RT working with other content on my intranet. I want RT to
> use the username and password supplied when logging on to the site. How
> should this be accomplished?

RT has 2 main mechanism of authentication. It can use it's internal
stuff, or it can let your webserver do authentication, and RT will
trust it. If you set WebExternalAuth, RT will check what the
REMOTE_USER environmental varible is set to, and use that. Be sure to
stop and start apache when you change that varible.

Apache is supposed to query the user to authentication, it will then
set REMOTE_USER and RT will deal. the <Location> stuff is about how to
configure apache and has nothing to do with perl or the
autohandler. read some apache docs.

seph