[rt-users] Approval problems with RT3

Joseph Gosselin gnostic at revahertz.com
Tue Jun 10 12:01:14 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 10:11:13PM +0800, Autrijus Tang wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 05:33:53PM +0200, Henrik Andr? von Gunten wrote:
> > > 	===Create-Ticket: codereview
> > > 	Subject: Code review for {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Subject}
> > > 	Depended-On-By: {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Id}
>
> Per my experience, you want:
>
>     Depended-On-By: TOP
>
> That is, the relationship is between Create-Ticket labels, *not*
> actual ticket IDs.  That means this should work too:
>
>     Depended-On-By: codereview
>
> In a few weeks I shall release my Workflow extensions on top of
> RT, which lets you edit Workflow branches, conditions and trees
> using the WebUI instead of the text interface.
>
> Thanks,
> /Autrijus/

Thank you so much, this solved my problem entirely. As an aside, the
documentation for RT3 is rather misleading in this (and a few other
places)... I may send a mailing to this list about some of the omissions
and incorrect aspects of the docs in the near future (I know you aren't
the doc maintainer, I'm just thinking out loud).

I'll definitely take a look at your Workflow extensions when you are
finished, they sound like just what I'm looking for. As an aside, will
your extensions allow for Approvals to be tied to specific queues and
the like? We are small enough here that it isn't a big deal that the
manager of the Creative group can see (and approve) tickets from
Development, but in the future it might be nice to have Approvals be
tied to a queue rather than be a sitewide managerial approval dumping
area.

--
Joe Gosselin