[rt-users] SMS on new tickets?

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Fri Jun 13 03:18:59 EDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Gonzalo Servat wrote:

> On Tuesday, 10 June 2003 1:04 PM -0700 Joseph Spenner wrote:
>
> > You could set up an alias on your RT box (ie:
> > rt-sms at rtbox.domain.com ) which pipes into a perl
> > script.  That script can check for certain things in
> > the body (to filter out the messages that are of no
> > interest) and forward along the rest to your SMS pager
> > (or call your Net::SMS ).
>
> Yeah, since I'm using Qmail I could call a Perl script after spamassassin
> and before it goes off to rt-mailgate to achieve what you suggested.
> I was hoping for a cleaner/neater solution, like making a new ScripAction
> to send the SMS. 'OnCreateTicket -> SMS -> <number>' would be nice. Not
> sure if it can be done easily, then again it is Perl so it can't be that
> hard :)

I've done for RT2 something close to the given idea. Inspire in the
attached files. It assumes having gsgc SMS interface/gateway and
configures by RT config.pm:

# Configuration of SMS engine
$SMSMailCommand = 'SMSsendmailpipe'; # constant
$SMSSendmailArguments="--send ";
$SMSSendmailPath = "/usr/bin/gsgc";
$MaxSMSLength = 150; # Maximal bytes sent as SMS Body

As watchers mobile numbers it uses Mobile column available in standard
RT2 of course...