[rt-users] creating (email) and replying a ticket problem

Glen Davison glen at maths.unsw.edu.au
Sun Jun 15 20:11:33 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:47:11AM -0300, Augusto Castelan Carlson wrote:
> Jesse Vincent escreveu:
>
> >5.411 from cpan
> >
> I continue receiving Undelivered Mail Return to Sender: unknown user:
> "rt" when I try to create a ticket by email.
> When I create a ticket using the web interface, the requestors receive
> the auto reply mail, but some errors occurs at /var/log/messages:
>
> (creating a ticket)
> Jun 12 10:30:25 balantidium RT:
> <rt-3.0.2-4-20.8.31483196071126 at pop-sc.rnp.br> #4/20 - Scrip 2
> (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:91)
> Jun 12 10:30:35 balantidium RT:
> <rt-3.0.2-4-20.8.31483196071126 at pop-sc.rnp.br> sent To:
> carlson at npd.ufsc.br Cc:  Bcc:  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:217)
> Jun 12 10:30:35 balantidium RT:
> <rt-3.0.2-4-20.16.2297305693522 at pop-sc.rnp.br> #4/20 - Scrip 3
> (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:91)
> Jun 12 10:30:35 balantidium RT:
> <rt-3.0.2-4-20.16.2297305693522 at pop-sc.rnp.br> No recipients found. Not
> sending.  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:171)
> Jun 12 10:30:35 balantidium RT: Ticket 4 created in queue 'General' by
> root (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm:598)
>
> My alias at /etc/aliases:
>
> rt: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url
> http://rt.domain/"
> rt-comment: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment
> --url http://rt.domain/"
>
> Thank you!
> Augusto

Just to add some fuel, which may be unrelated but seems strangely similar:

running RT 2.0.15 with qmail.  When I started, it was taking jobs through
mailgate without a problem.  Then at some point it just stopped working.
I don't remember what I could have done to cause that.

Anyway, after much investigation, I worked out that qmail was refusing to
use any global aliases ( /var/qmail/aliases/.qmail-* ... eg. .qmail-rt )

I have run qmail for years, and cannot work out why it's misbehaving; checked
permissions, ownerships, config files etc.

I have made it work in a very dodgy manner, haven't fixed the real problem.
Perhaps someone here can suggest something, or perhaps it might be intersting
data for someone else's problem.

--
Glen Davison
Maths, UNSW