[rt-users] Re: Performance of RT 3.02

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Tue Jun 17 20:02:43 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 03:47:39PM -0700, bill at daze.net wrote:
> We upgraded from RT1.x to RT3.0.0 at the end of March (installed RT3 on a
> different machine and didn't import the old tickets).  Approximately 80
> days later, we have 16,000 tickets (averages to 200 a day).  Response is
> reasonable on an older PIII system (I think around 500mHz, 512MB RAM and
> SCSI drives) running FreeBSD 4.x.  We have had problems with FastCGI
> constantly timing out after a few days of use.  We finally gave in and
> added a cron job to restart apache every morning.

That's good to know -- we'll have almost the same volume.  Anyone have
that kind of volume who has maybe a year's worth of tickets?  I'm just
concerned about what's going to happen once we get to 50,000 tickets or
so. I guess we could purge the database of old tickets or something if
it slows down, but it would be nice if we could keep tickets around for
analysis.

Jen