[rt-users] Customize RT 3.0.2 for WebExternalAutoInfo and CustomFields

seph seph at directionless.org
Tue Jun 17 23:49:23 EDT 2003

> 2) WebExternalAutoInfo: I configured apache to auth users against an Active
> Directory.
> I would like also to use the autocreate feature, in order to have their
> attributes up-to-date with our user data base.
> I got some code from this mailing list: I modified the
> INSTDIR/share/html/autohandler, where I invoked the
> WebExternalAutoInfo subroutine, but I don't know where to insert the
> subroutine itself.

The only code I remember seeing on this mailing list about that, was
mine for rt2. It sounds like you're using rt3, so that's all wrong.

rt3 has it's own auto-create-web-users thing. It's a varible in the
config file. It will create users with a username and real name of
whatever apache sets REMOTE_USER to.

I create a couple patches that will give you something morally
equivlent to CanonicalizeWebUser, they'll probably get added to apache
sometime. They can be found at http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=2667

seph