R: [rt-users] Customize RT 3.0.2 for WebExternalAutoInfo and CustomFields

Stefano Congiu stefano.congiu at keypartners.it
Thu Jun 19 03:56:36 EDT 2003

Hi Seph
thank you for your reply. I'm using rt3.0.2 for my test.

I suppose the right way is:
- Set WebExternalAuth: let Apache look at Active Directory and set
$REMOTE_USER
- Set WebFallbackToInternalAuth: let root (and only root for my purposes)
authenticate against internal db.. He will fail ldap login and switch to
internal user db
- Set WebExternalAuto: to let rt create/update users when loggin in

- Interface/Web.pm: insert WebCanonicalizeInfo() and WebExternalAutoInfo()
with ldap code to do the right things...
- /html/autohandler: insert your patch. I'm not sure I understand
WebExternalOnly and orig_user
The second, I suppose, is used to roll back to the prev user in the browser
context in some way

Stefano Congiu