[rt-users] New First-Class Ticket Field

Matthew Meyer mmeyer at jasi.com
Thu Jun 19 13:30:55 EDT 2003

I am trying to add a simple feature to my RT install
which will track a CallTime parameter in Tickets in
addition to the TimeWorked parameter.  I
want to implement it exactly like TimeWorked, where the
ticket will have an overrall CallTime, and each
Transaction will have a CallTimeTaken which will add to
the overrall CallTime for the corresponding Ticket.
Because I want to track CallTime in this way, I don't
want to implement it as a custom field.  The database
schema and html UI are easy enough to update to handle
the additional field.  What I am trying to get my head
around is the proper way to update the Perl source in
under lib/RT to take care of this new field, without
screwing up any auto-generated files or anything like
that.  Has anyone done something like this and would
like to give me a brief overview ?  Thanks for sharing.

-- Matt Meyer

Matthew D. Meyer, CISSP
Jacob and Sundstrom, Inc.
(url) http://www.jasi.com