[rt-users] AW: [rt-usersl] [Fwd: 2-1-79 questions]

Gerald Fehringer gerald.fehringer at openadvice.de
Thu Mar 6 05:38:04 EST 2003

Dear Members,

first of all, i apologies for the urgent flag, this was unmeant !
Well, i was posting this question at the devel list, because i'm
using rt 2-1-80 (since this morning) so i thought it's related
to the devel list.

my problem:
the basic view contents only: new/close/view & changing password.
this is exactly the view what we would like to have for our
customers, because they should only have rights to see their closed
or new tickets in their queue, nothing else and they should not
confused with to much extra informations !

Ticket creation/modify etc. should be only allowed for our customer care.

so if i create a unprivileged user, first of all i can't see the user
(only when i look up also for deactive user, makes not really sense)
the next logic step would be, to create a group for this specific
customer queue (each of our customers will have their own queue) and
add this unprivileged user to the group.
not possible, because the user doesn't appear on the screen.
so the only way is to give this customer queue all unprivileged user
according permissions :-(
so if i have several customers, everyone can see ALL queus !

they only way i can resolve this issue, right now, is to set for this
customer queue the user as watcher and then i define the according
permissions for this watcher.
(not really a good idea, because he should not get any emails, only
when our employees create a new ticket for him. he should only check
his stutus/history in his own customer view)

Any ideas ?

thank you,
geri