[rt-users] Mason Problems - rt2 & rt3 on same server....

Michael K. Brown michael.k.brown at alcatel.com
Tue Mar 11 15:30:06 EST 2003

Hi Folks!

It's me again... not having a good day... ;-(  Long post...

Installing the dependencies for rt3 upgraded HTML::Mason, which I found
out (after the fact) breaks rt2 (which we're currently running with).
My rt2 is still running, but everytime I do an apachectl configtest, I
get the dreaded $m problem.  I could use some help getting rt2 and rt3
to co-exist properly.  I need some help installing a lower version of
Mason into the /usr/local/rt2/lib directory.  I've included all relevant
error messages and the rtfm docs on this subject... I just need some
help with actually doing it.  How do I install HTML::Mason 1.05 into the
rt2 lib, without messing up the upgraded version I want to test with
rt3?  Do I use CPAN?  TAR?

Thanks for your time, and for all your help!

/Mike
# bin/apachectl configtest
Variable "$m" is not imported at /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl line 94.
[Tue Mar 11 15:19:24 2003] [error] Global symbol "$m" requires explicit
package
name at /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl line 94.

Syntax error on line 1015 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Global symbol "$m" requires explicit package name at
/usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl line 94.

Now, I looked up at RTFM, and it said:
If this is the case, you can install a lower version of HTML::Mason
within RT's lib directory, eg '/home/rt2/lib/HTML/Mason', and change
webmux.pl to refer directly to it:

package RT::Mason;
use lib "/home/rt2/etc/";
use lib "/home/rt2/lib/";
use CGI qw(-private_tempfiles); #bring this in before mason, to make
sure we
#set private_tempfiles
use HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler (args_method => 'CGI');
use HTML::Mason; # brings in subpackages: Parser, Interp, etc.
By default these 'use lib' lines are after the HTML::Mason references,
which means to use the global installation of HTML::Mason.

This, of course, assumes that you know how to do that.  Being a
non-sysadmin type, I'm not sure how to do that.

/M