[rt-users] [rt-announce] RTFM 2.0 Beta 1 now available

John Gedeon jgedeon at qualcomm.com
Tue Mar 11 18:06:16 EST 2003

Hello,

    Congrats on the release. I had a couple of questions. If I have
customized rt 2.0.15 lots how easily will those integrate with RT 3.0, such
as LDAP authentication and user creation, Specialized views of certain
queues and custom fields, and a customized mailgate that handles commands
and will soon be changed to guess at reply alls. I have used cvs to keep
track of all my changes and wonder if I make the RT3 my new code base if
all my changes would integrate well or have some been changed? is there a
place for the differences between rt3 and rt2? Does rt 3 connect to the
database using the same perl modules (since I have changed them locally so
that the will work with our oracle 9i db. or will those change.)  and when
is RT3 and RTFM 2 release one expected, since they are beta now and I don't
know if they are production worthy yet.

Thanks for all the info
John

--
<>< Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on
your own understanding;"