[rt-users] multiple email addresses for one user

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Fri Mar 21 08:16:33 EST 2003

* Ben Goodwin <ben at atomicmatrix.net> [2003-03-21 07:38]:
> Is there anyone who's dealt with consolidating mutliple email
> addresses that a single user has into one account?  This would require
> modifying the system to hold multiple emails for one user, and sending
> correspondence out the first email listed, no?  We'd like to
> accurately track individuals, not all 10 email addresses they happen
> to have.  I can probably do the mods myself but didn't want to
> reinvent the wheel...

There is a function (RT2: CanonicalizaAddress in etc/config.pm; RT3:
CanonicalizeEmailAddress, in lib/RT/User_Overlay.pm) that lets you map
multiple email addresses to one address; you could begin your search
there.

This is a slightly different approach than the one you're suggesting, it
basically figures out which addresses are all the same before new ones
are added.

(darren)

--
You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.
    -- Navajo Proverb