[rt-users] Old browsers and RT3rc3

Stewart James stewart.james at vu.edu.au
Mon Mar 24 00:43:19 EST 2003

Hi All,

Just wondering if RT is going to continue being usable by all browsers.

I was just showing someone RT3 who uses Netscape 4 (most of our clients
are still using Netscape 4) and found it was not working so well in
Netscape 4.

I haev so far discovered the following when following the link to a
ticket from the create email (/Ticket/Display.html?id#).

* Login box was hard left.
* after login I got an error because for some reason the URL was reduced
to "/Ticket"
* Once I manually typed in the url, the top left hand preferences/logout
and Logged in as...  was missing.

2 of them are breaking the application for Netscape 4 users, one is only
looks (login box).

Sorry to sound like a winger here, but I thought one of the better things
about RT was that it worked with older browsers.

I will try and see if I can't offer a patch for this, but in the mean time
I figured I should atleast mention it.

Cheers,

Stewart