[rt-users] ticket attachment link not working - path not created

Sebastian Flothow lists at flothow.de
Sat Mar 29 14:43:48 EST 2003

> For example I see I should have a
> rt.site.com/Ticket/Attachemnt/9/27/filename.txt file per the link in the
> ticket but when I click on the link I get a forbidden error..

Probably something strange in your Apache config, have a look at access
permissions. Is your RT instance a VHost inheriting something from the
global config?

> I get the feeling that it should
> be saving the attachment in the database so I'm not sure why I'm
> getting a
> hard file system path in the first place..

Yes, attachments are stored in the DB, so you should check directly in
the DB whether they get stored.
The attachment URLs are just made up to look like there was an actual
file, so that browsers will suggest the original file name when
saving/downloading.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow