[rt-users] problem with REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Tue May 6 13:31:38 EDT 2003

On Dienstag, Mai 6, 2003, at 06:25  Uhr, James O'Kane wrote:

> On Tue, 6 May 2003, Harald Wagener wrote:
>>
>> The web interface is up and running. I already found the bug.
>> Reinstalling alot of perl modules with LANG=C set fixed most problems
>> had with RT3 on RedHat9.
>> Maybe I am too old fashioned to use such a modern dirstribution.
>
> I've seen that problem show up in different other ways. This can be
> changed system-wide in /etc/sysconfig/i18n
> Perhaps mention of the LANG=C should be in the FAQ?

Definitely! Perhaps mention of not recommending redhat 9 personal
edition as a basis for RT 3 is also in order...

The most glaring problems with character encodings and misdisplaying on
the web page could be alleviated by using my hand made perl instead of
the binaries provided by redhat. So by now, everything execept mysql
and sendmail[1] is manually installed and RT 3 begins to run smoothly.

Sorry to have polluted the list with my many problems that were in fact
one.

Regards,
     Harald

[1] it's an intranet setup, so this is 'secure enough' for the
moment...and Hey, It Came With the Distro, so it Must Be Good!
--
Harald Wagener * FCB/Wilkens * An der Alster 42 * 20099 Hamburg