[rt-users] Auto-open ticket on create? (and some generic scrip questions)

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at genarts.com
Wed May 7 13:38:17 EDT 2003

We would essentially like to omit the 'new' state for tickets by
auto-opening them on creation.  Does anyone have an action and condition
for doing that?

I am good with perl, but only vaguely understand how conditions and
actions and the RT system interact.  I do see that I can't use the
standard AutoOpen action because it requires something about not
$self->TransactionObj->IsInbound, and I have no idea about what that means.

Also it has a very strange comment that says "This Action will open the
BASE if a dependent is resolved" which makes it look like it's not at
all the right thing.  Maybe an old comment?

I also need an OnCreate condition, which doesn't seem to be present in
my /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Condition dir (that's where these things live,
right?)  Could I just use StatusChange?  Where do the arguments to
Conditions come from?  (Specifically $self->Argument, as passed to
IsApplicable.)  Also, StatusChange.pm tries to load
StatusChange_Local.pl (and doesn't fail if not present); where would
that live normally?

Also, where would I install locally added Conditions and Actions?

--
Gary Oberbrunner                garyo at genarts.com
GenArts, Inc.                   Tel: 617-492-2888
8 Clinton Street                Fax: 617-492-2852
Cambridge, MA 02139 USA         http://web.genarts.com