[rt-users] RT3 Speed Info

dr john halewood john at frumious.unidec.co.uk
Thu May 8 11:17:41 EDT 2003

On Thursday 08 May 2003 9:32 am, Simon Woodward wrote:
>Okay ... lets play spot the difference:
>
>Table		RT2 Data Rows:	RT3 Imported Data Rows:
>
>GroupMembers	35		116012
>Groups		15		171333
>
>And this was created with the import tool ... so this could well be
>where the problem lies ??

Well, if you've got a spare box to try it on, I'd suggest knocking up an rt3
install from scratch, not importing your old data and creating a bunch of
users/tickets. From that I'd suggest that you could judge the raw performance
of rt2 vs rt3 and judge whether or not its
1) just that rt3 is slow
2) the speeds are comparable but it slows after you migrate the data.
3) rt2 handles the number of tickets you've got better than rt3 does (do this
by restoring/migrating a certain number of tickets at a time)

Of course if you stick a basic rt2 installation on the same box then the
comparison becomes much easier. I guess there'll be some point when the speed
difference becomes apparant.

cheers
john