[rt-users] Non-user ticket creation and tracking

Simo Melenius simo.melenius at citec.fi
Fri May 9 05:56:23 EDT 2003

I installed Request Tracker 2 this morning as I'm evaluating request
tracker/helpdesk applications for my employer. I didn't find a
FAQ-answer for this - only some vague references - so I'm asking here:

1)
The RT application should accept requests from any employee or customer
without having to have a user account for him in the database. I believe
the email ticket creation does this, but is there a webpage interface,
where you could type your email address + your question, and click a
button to send it?

2)
The non-users should be able to track the status of their request on the
web. This works for users but in order to get to the ticket view, you'll
have to have a login name and a password.

***

If the answers are somewhere in the documentation, I'm sorry I wasted
your bandwidth :) If the solution requires a bit of Perl hacking, our
shop can do that if it can be done in reasonable time. How have other
people solved these situations? As for other than this, RT looks very
promising.

br,
--
simo.melenius at citec.fi         System Designer / Unix Applications
Tel: +358 50 347 8373                  CiTEC Information Solutions