[rt-users] changing $rtname

Val Luck VLuck at VMdirect.com
Mon May 12 23:55:56 EDT 2003

Hello,

I initially configured $rtname to be our company's domain name with the ".com" on it.  However, as it is embedded in each ticket number, I want to change it and remove the ".com".

I have read that you should not change $rtname because mail for existing tickets won't get put in the right place.  However, we have not started using RT in product yet.

1) What is the best way to change $rtname and make RT happy.

2) Do I not want to this?  Is there some compelling reason to leave the ".com" in the $rtname variable?

Thanks!

Val