[rt-users] Apache::DBI problems

Johan van den Dorpe johan.vandendorpe at framestore-cfc.com
Tue May 13 13:14:47 EDT 2003

Hi all

I've been trying to setup Request Tracker 3 this afternoon.

I've followed the instructions provided. I've followed all the steps and
got everything going to the point of pointing my web browser at the
server running RT.

When I do this I get a 500 Internal Server Error, and apache's error_log
says:

[Tue May 13 18:00:24 2003] [error] Can't locate object method "connect"
via package "Apache::DBI::connect" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/DBI.pm line 474.

I'm running Redhat 7.3, Apache 1.3.27 (compiled with mod_perl 1.27) and
Request Tracker 3. I've installed all required CPAN modules, including
DBI 1.35, DBD::mysql 2.1026 and Apache::DBI 0.91.

I've noticed a bunch of people have similar problems along these lines
before. A common suggestion has been to make sure that 'PerlModule
Apache::DBI' is above anything that needs to use it, which i've done as
per the instructions provided with RT.

I've also noticed this problem (see link below) when trying to run 'make
test' on Apache::DBI, but the post says that shouldn't be a problem.
I've tested earlier versions of the CPAN modules affected, but these
either don't change the problem or aren't compatible with what
HTML::Mason and webmux.pl
http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl/hamspoachah/B5DED046-7F0B-11D7-A83C-000A95796C18@develooper.com

Any suggestions of where I'm going wrong would be greatly appreciated!

--
Johan van den Dorpe