[rt-users] rt2 -> rt3 version 1.12 failure.

B. Ash bash at eece.unm.edu
Tue May 13 18:50:09 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am still running into errors while attempting to upgrade to rt3.0.1.

I have discovered that if I remove the tickets after they have been
imported using dumpfile-to-rt-3.0, the script will move on to next
ticket that failed to be imported on the first run.  This ticket will be
imported along with a handful of others, and then the error about the
"NewValue for HASH" comes up again.  If I remove the next batch of
tickets which happened to be imported, and then start the script again
it will continue to import another random size group of tickets, and
once again end in the HASH error below.

I did this for a while.  It seems that this method is imperfect and will
probably not work.

I am running mysql 4.0.12, perl-5.8.0, and have all of the modules
needed to run rt3.
I have tried this script under Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD, all end with
the same error.  I think it has something to do with the way the rt data
is laid out for the old version?

Cheers,

- -b. ash

Importing groups
[Tue May 13 22:35:34 2003] [crit]: 1
(/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm:884)
[Tue May 13 22:35:34 2003] [crit]: Can't load a principal for id
(/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm:885)
Importing tickets...t-1
.t-2
.t-3
.t-4
.t-5
.t-6
.t-7
.t-8
.t-9
.t-10
.t-11
.t-12
t-4
t-5
t-6
t-7
t-8
t-9
t-10
t-11
t-12
t-13
t-14
t-15
t-16
t-17
t-18
t-19
t-20
t-21
t-22
t-23
t-24
t-25
t-26
t-27
t-28
t-29
t-30
t-31
t-32

[Tue May 13 22:39:54 2003] [crit]: What do I do with NewValue for
HASH(0x90eec48). It is a HASH at dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 347.
~ (/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm:228)

- --
Benjamin Ash
Systems Analyst II
ECE Dept. University of New Mexico   | University of New Mexico, 87131
+1 505 277 1082 /Fax +1 505 277 1439 | e-mail: bash at eece.unm.edu