[rt-users] Accessing fields not in basic RT database schema from scrips

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Tue May 27 22:41:15 EDT 2003

Gabriel Bereny wrote:
> I would like to be able to read and parse the contents of this History text
> in an Action scrip that's called after ticket creation (i.e., the web form
> creates the ticket, the new ticket creation in RT triggers the Action scrip
> using an OnCreate condition, which Action scrip then parses the info
> harvested from the web form and inserted into the ticket in the database).
>
> Has anyone some idea of how I should go about this?  I can't figure out how
> to get the handle to this History field.  It doesn't appear in the fields
> documented in fsck.com/rtfm.

$self->TransactionObj will return an RT::Transaction object
whose content you can parse using the Content() method.

Or, if you're only ever wanting to parse the first transaction,
using $self->TicketObj->Transactions->First instead will allow
you to use the ScripAction in other than an OnCreate condition.
--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.