[rt-users] Problem installing rt 3-0-2

John Gedeon jgedeon at qualcomm.com
Fri May 30 11:44:46 EDT 2003

Hi all,

     I have been trying to install rt3 for the last few days and have run
into an issue. The configure,make install scripts run fine, when I run make
initialize-database the schema is created successfully as well as ACLs but
it fails to create the RT system user. I get the following error

>schema sucessfully inserted
>Now inserting database ACLs
>Now inserting RT core system objects
>unix passed to setlogsock, but path not available at
>/opt/rt/perl/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Log/Dispatch/Syslog.pm line 66
>Checking for existing system user...not found.  This appears to be a new
>installation.
>Creating system user...[Fri May 30 15:37:24 2003] [crit]: Couldn't create
>a Principal on new user create. Strange things are afoot at the circle K
>(/opt/rt/rt3/lib/RT/User_Overlay.pm:464)

I looked at the file User_Overlay.pm but all I found was that the Create
wasn't happening. I am not sure where to look to start diagnosing this
issue? I have rt2-0-15 working successfully on the same machine.

rt-3-0-2
solaris 2.8
Searchbuilder 0.80

TIA
John

--
<>< Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on
your own understanding;