[rt-users] renaming root

Tim Stoop cvd at il.fontys.nl
Tue Nov 4 20:52:40 EST 2003

Hi!

Well, seems I got authentication working through LDAP. The standard
autohandler-file already has fixes for LDAP (Samuel, looks like it's your
autohandlerforldap.diff that has been applied!). Glad I found that out. On to
the next problem:

Since I'm doing LDAP authentication solely now, I need to rename the
root-account (we don't have a root in LDAP). I tried to just change this
directly in the database (only changed the row in user to use username cvd
instead of root), but that doesn't seem to work correctly. I'm getting errors
when trying to create groups and I'm not able to create queues at all. Also,
the top-right corner displays "not logged in". Guess just changing the record
to the correct username doesn't work :) Any tips on how to do this correctly?

--
Kind regards,
Tim Stoop