[rt-users] converting from gnats to RT3

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Nov 5 12:42:54 EST 2003

Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to migrate my GNATS database into RT. I'm just now looking at the
> import-gnats script from the cvs module rt-addons. It is old, written
> for RT2 and just does not work. I've been doing a bit of rewriting, but
> it seems the script does not do basic stuff like creating the
> responsible users before importing, or convert to Unicode before
> inserting into database. Does anyone have an updated script for this
> task, one that works?
>
> If not, I need a hint: Can I tell RT that my strings are ISO-8859-1 when
> I use $Ticket->Import()
You can try next trick:
1) Convert GNATS to rt2 with that script
2) Convert rt2 to rt3
:)

If you want write GNATS to rt3 import tool then my suggestions are:
1) rt2-to-rt3 have two parts rt2-to-filedump and filedump-to-rt3 so you
have to write GNATS-to-rt3_filedump only.
2) rt2 don't have utf support so rt2-to-filedump do all crossencoding
convertions.

I hope this would help.
	Good luck. Ruslan.