[rt-users] Mailgate errors RT 3

Frank Balonis rt-user at balonis.com
Wed Nov 26 10:43:43 EST 2003

* Stephen Quinney <stephen.quinney at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> [2003-11-26 11:05:16 +0000]:
> I think the issue here is that you have lost the name of the queue
> that should come after the --queue option, e.g. General.

I verified that I'm have General in the commandline.  What I didn't recognize yesterday is that I was recieving a full HTML encoded error.  The error looked like this when displayed in a browser:

error:   	Can't use string ("SessionType") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/perl5/RT/Interface/Email.pm line 406.
context:
402:
403:  	sub Gateway {
404:  	my $argsref = shift;
405:
406:  	my %args = %$argsref;
407:
408:  	# Set some reasonable defaults
409:  	$args{'action'} = 'correspond' unless ( $args{'action'} );
410:  	$args{'queue'} = '1' unless ( $args{'queue'} );
code stack:  	/usr/share/perl5/RT/Interface/Email.pm:406
/usr/share/request-tracker3/html/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway:32
raw error

> As an aside, I think rt-mailgate will work fine with an https server
> if you install the libio-socket-ssl-perl package so that libwww-perl
> (which provides LWP::UserAgent) can work via SSL.

You were right I installed libio-socket-ssl-perl and I no longer get the HTTPS not support error now I'm back to usering HTTPS but recieving the error above.

Thanks,

Frank Balonis