[rt-users] make initialize database Problem in New Install

Jody Belka lists-rt at pimb.org
Wed Nov 26 17:13:03 EST 2003

McKinlay, Ken said:
> After several weeks at looking at different request tracking systems I've
> finally decided upon RT. However, when I go to initialize the database for
> the first time I get the following error:
>
> Password: Now creating a database for RT.
> Creating Pg database rt3.
> Now populating database schema.
> Creating database schema.
> Died at //opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 161.
>
> The database is created but without any tables.

> Can anyone shed some light on where I am going wrong?

I installed RT on my system just the other day and also had this problem.
It seems that the file used for initialising a Postgres database
(schema.Pg) is actually designed to run through psql, not through
rt-setup-database. To get it up and running i had to let it create the
database, run the Pg script through psql, and then modify
rt-setup-database to skip these two stages (by commenting out the
appropriate lines).

--
Jody
knew (at) pimb (dot) org