[rt-users] rt3.0.7_01 rt_setup_database fails w/postgres

Abraham Ingersoll abe at dajoba.com
Wed Nov 26 18:36:55 EST 2003

sbin/rt-setup-database from 3.0.7_01 dies when I try to initialize a
postgresql database. From what I can tell, it's choking on the
transaction "BEGIN" at the top of Pg.schema, but I didn't dig into
rt-setup-database enough to be sure.

rt-setup-database output (args{debug} on):

[root at gimli rt-3-0-7_01]# make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl //home/abe/apache_perl/rt/sbin/rt-setup-database --action
init --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password --debug
In order to create a new database and grant RT access to that database,
this script needs to connect to your Pg instance on localhost as root.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password: Now creating a database for RT.
Creating Pg database rt3.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
SQL:

BEGIN
Died at //home/abe/apache_perl/rt/sbin/rt-setup-database line 161.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 2

Importing the schema into postgres by hand seems to work:

[root at gimli etc]# psql template1 -U root -W < schema.Pg
Password:
BEGIN
CREATE SEQUENCE
'attachments_pkey
' for table 'attachments'
CREATE TABLE
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
[snip snip snip]
CREATE INDEX
'sessions_pkey' f
or table 'sessions'
CREATE TABLE
COMMIT

My platform/environment:
	Redhat 9
	Postgresql 7.3.4 (postgresql-server-7.3.4-3.rhl9)
	perl-DBI version 1.38, DBD::Pg version 1.31

--Abe