[rt-users] Qmail configuration

J. Sloan js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 06:25:41 EDT 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Rommie wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just successfully installed RT3.0.5 on RH9 with Postgres + FastCGI +
> SendMail on a new machine.  It seems it working fine on the browser side
> except for the mail gateway.  I have a separate Qmail server where all our
> emails are forwarded to.  My problem is how can I configure RT to use the
> Qmail from another machine.
>
> I checked the  mailinglist and I found your perl script (i'm really don't
> about perl programming). Can I use your script for this kind of setup?
> What other things should I need to configure?
>
> I already posted this but nobody is responding.
>
> ---rommie

Simplest would be to configure your qmail server to forward the RT mails
to sendmail on your new machine.

Alternatively install the rt-mailgate perl script on your
qmail server and arrange for qmail to invoke it with the appropriate
arguments and URL for your RT webserver.

e.g.

rt-mailgate --action correspond --queue queuename --url
http://rt-webserver-host.domain.name/

As far as I can quickly tell you only neet Getopt::Long and LWP::UserAgent
modules on your qmail server.

John