[rt-users] Abandoning RT

Walt Reed rt at linuxguy.com
Wed Oct 1 14:12:43 EDT 2003

Well, after spending several days trying to get it to work, and trying
to debug the code, I decided to abandon my efforts to install RT. This
is too bad because from a feature / demo perspective, RT looks great.
Unfortuantely, the documentation is very weak, the code seems
convoluted, and there doesn't seem to be a good way to debug the thing.
The bottom line is that it just doesn't work.

I see a few other people struggling to get it working too. If you are
one of those people, you may want to check out http://otrs.org/ which
seems competitive, works, and seems to be currently maintained.