[rt-users] Re: Qmail configuration

Asif Iqbal iqbala at qwestip.net
Sat Oct 11 23:35:00 EDT 2003

This is how it setup in my environment, solaris 8

create a file .qmail-support as user alias in your qmail server and add this
entry in the file support at rthost.domain

then in the rthost have an alias for support. And make sure you have an entry in
the /etc/hosts file of your rthost that points mailhost to the qmail server

Thats it.
On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Rommie wrote:

> I'm sorry for this. I'm really a newbie.  Our qmail server was previously
> setup by an old employee.  Right now I'm the one maintaining it and
> learning from it (I live from others help).  Can I have a step by step
> instruction on how to do this forwarding. Really RT installation is quite
> frustating but I'm growing from it (i learn a lot already).
>
> Thanks
>
> ---rommie
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > On Wednesday 01 October 2003 19:39, Rommie wrote:
> >> I have a separate Qmail server where all our
> >> emails are forwarded to.  My problem is how can I configure RT to use
> >> the Qmail from another machine.
> >
> > I'd also say that forwarding the mail from qmail to Sendmail would be
> > the best  solution.
> >
> >> I checked the  mailinglist and I found your perl script (i'm really
> >> don't about perl programming). Can I use your script for this kind of
> >> setup? What other things should I need to configure?
> >
> > I've written this script for installations of qmail and RT on the same
> > server.
> >
> > If you decide to use this script in a setup like this, you can find the
> > current version at http://konfido.de/misc/software/.
> > If you have problems with it, I'll try to answer your questions.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >  Matthias

Asif Iqbal
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8B686E08