[rt-users] Abandoning RT Not for the faint of heart

Alan Horn ahorn at deorth.org
Wed Oct 1 15:07:07 EDT 2003

Walt,

I understand where you're coming from on this. It took me a long time to
get my head around RT, and I think you're similarly technical.

The html::mason aspect of it is something I haven't really delved into it,
since I don't need to radically customise the interface.

You're right that the documentation isn't as great as it could be (for 2.0
at least, I haven't really worked with 3.0 yet)

I stuck with trying to get RT working because so many people suggested it
to me, peoples who's opinions I respected.

I've not seen any other freeware tool out there that comes close to the
abilities of RT. Thats why I've gone from being a frustrated systems guy
ready to throw it out the window, to being a huge RT advocate.

Stick with it a little longer.. if you have any specific questions, send
me an email. Apologies, but with workload lately I haven't been watching
this list much. I've always had great responses from key members on the
list though, once I figured out the basics. Once again, I agree that the
barrier to entry could be significantly lowered :)

Cheers,

Al