[rt-users] Upgrade Question

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Wed Oct 1 22:49:43 EDT 2003

At 06:15 PM 10/1/2003, Stevo wrote:
>Additionally,
>         you should update RT's system database objects by running
>            ls etc/upgrade
>         For each file in that directory whose name is greater than
>         your previously installed RT version, run:
>                    /usr/local/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action
>insert --datafile etc/upgrade/<version>
>
>I got the check-over RT_Config.pm part, but I don't get the rest!!  What do
>I need to do here??

 From within the untarred 3.0.6 directory type ls etc/upgrade.

It's going to list a file for 2.x.x (don't have a connection to my RT box
at the moment so I don't have the exact version). In this case you don't
have to do anything. But, if it had listed a newer version, 3.0.5 for
example, you would run the rt-setup-database script passing in that
version's data file.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                               http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"