[rt-users] RT2 to RT3 migration ... gosh .. HELP !

Paulo Pinto japh at cat.afraid.org
Thu Oct 2 13:03:35 EDT 2003

Well...

This is kind'a weird ...

 - If I change the autohandler file to use iso-8859-1 and leave RT_SiteConfig.pm with the UTF-8, stuff from "metadata" (custom fields, etc) is Ok but the tickets are garbled.

- If I change the autohandler file to use UTF-8 and change RT_SiteConfig.pm to use iso-8859-1, tickets are ok ... but the stuff from "metadata" is garbled...

- If I change both to use iso-8859-1, Metadata OK but tickets garbled.

- If I change both to use UTF-8, Metadata garbled but tickets OK ..

Any guesses ? :-/

Cheers,

-----

Try this (an old post):

Well, it looks like I solved the Accents problem:

1) Open your RT_SiteConfig.pm

2) Search for the RT UTF-8 Settings

3) Check if you have this: Set($EmailOutputEncoding , 'iso-8859-1');

Probably you have 'UTF-8' now. Change it to iso-8859-1. Restart Apache and

it should work (at least, works here).