[rt-users] Best Practices for RT?

Greg Heim gheim at hitel.com
Thu Oct 2 15:48:20 EDT 2003

Dax,

I use http://helpdesk.mydomain.com as an apache virtual web server for RT,
where 'helpdesk' is an alias (dns cname) for the actual machine name (in
case rt is moved).  And I use helpdesk at mydomain.com for the email address
for submitting tickets, where the primary internal mail server forwards
tickets from helpdesk at mydomain.com => helpdesk at helpdesk.hitel.com.

These are (you would think) trivial for the user to remember (helpdesk
"dot" mydomain.com and helpdesk "at" mydomain.com).  And there's
flexibility when/if RT moves to another machine later on.

HTH,

Greg