[rt-users] Huge attachments result in invisible tickets...

Steve Wampler sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us
Thu Oct 2 22:34:29 EDT 2003

Well, I've solved the problem with large attachments
being truncated with RH8/RT3.0.4/apache2/mod_perl2.
(What a tangled web that was!  [in part because the
server has to support php as well...])

However, now I've got a new, slightly different
(I think) problem.

Attachments of, say, 600KB work just fine whether
send by email or from the web page.  But if I try
a larger attachment (2MB, e.g.) the ticket vanishes.
(Never arrives, but the ticket number gets incremented.
This is whether the ticket is sent via email *or*
created via the web interface...

For the tickets sent by email, 'mailq' gives a clue:

->mailq
                /var/spool/mqueue (2 requests)
-----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time-----
------------Sender/Recipient-----------
h931tSQ8001863* 2220297 Thu Oct  2 18:55 <sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us>
                 (Deferred: prog mailer (/usr/sbin/smrsh) exited with
EX_TEMPF)
                                         "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate
--queue uni
h931ogQ8001750  2220313 Thu Oct  2 18:50 <sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us>
                 (Deferred: prog mailer (/usr/sbin/smrsh) exited with
EX_TEMPF)
                                         "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate
--queue uni
                Total requests: 2

But I haven't seen any messages in the various log
files.

Any ideas?  Has anyone seen this? Would upgrading to
RT3.0.[56] help?

--
Steve Wampler <sbw at tapestry.tucson.az.us>