[rt-users] rt-mailgate question.

John Jasen jjasen at datafoundation.com
Wed Oct 8 17:27:40 EDT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Philippe Van Hecke wrote:

> There is something that i don't correctly understand with the rt-mailgate.
> It is necessary that each queue have its own alias or mail address for sending
> reply,comment or create ticket ?

reply: no
comment: no
create: yes

Ummm ...  mroe accurately, there are instructions for procmail and
rt-mailgate, but I've not implemented it.

> I have a email address like support at foo.bar  where all ticket transaction will
> be sent.
> In case of a new ticket ( no ticket reference in the subject ) a new ticket is
> create in a default queue "support".

You can do that.

> After some analayses and classification the ticket change to other queue let
> say "postmaster".

And that.

> All new mail transaction on ticket should be done using the same email address
> as the one used for the ticket creation.
>
> Is this kind of configuration can be done ?

I believe so. If you set in your queue configuration that replies and
comments should go out as support at foo.bar, thats what the recipients will
see. And as long as [domainname.tld #ticketnumber ] is in the subject when
the rt alias gets it, it will add to the appropriate ticket.