[rt-users] Debian/Linux: [error] Unknown exception abbreviation 'compilation_error' at /usr/share/perl5/HTML/Mason/Exceptions.pm line 91

Marco Davids mdavids at forfun.net
Thu Oct 9 03:43:32 EDT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Simon J. Hernandez wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Marco Davids wrote:
>

> [...]
>
> > I run an unstable Debian/Linux and apt-gettet request-tracker3 today
> > (version 3.0.4-4). I can't start Apache anymore, if I Include the
> > apache-modperl.conf file in httpd.conf. I get the following error:
> >
> > Starting web server: apache[Wed Oct  8 15:04:55 2003] [error] Unknown
> > exception abbreviation 'compilation_error' at
> > /usr/share/perl5/HTML/Mason/Exceptions.pm line 91.

> I may be able to only address part of your problem.
>
> I just completed an initial installation on a Debian testing/unstable
> system (2.4.21-5-686-smp).  When I went the apt-get route, I clearly noted
> that the install was incomplete, with several essential components missing
> (namely most of /opt/rt3).

Now I am puzzled. I apt-getted request-tracker version 2 form the Debian
unstable distribution, then removed it again, apt-getted request-tracker3
again and now it seems to work....

I am not sure though if this is the cause of the solution, because I also
did a lot of other things in an attempt to fix the problem.

--
Marco